Which is very much a pursuit of purpose and the veracity of our environment, which a pursuit we can all relate with. This is conceivably the genius of Jim Carrey. He has an uncanny ability to relate to his audience through the genres of drama and comedy. The personalities of his characters are often so unconventional that they parody the diversity of society while still showing their coerciveness with the communal human experience.
This is validated through his last speech within the episode in which he explains that his job, and the jobs of many within the film making business, is to tell the truth. To be a vessel to express the truthfulness and gripping abilities of human stories. This statement I cannot agree with more. It is a true sign of wisdom and has given me much more respect for an actor I used to only think of as only silly. However, now I realize his true potential in less parodying characters.
I love watching comedians succeed in the category of drama because I believe that the dramatic performances of comedians show the true actor within. Performances unshielded by their own abilities to cover up their insecurities and idiosyncrasies with laughter, leaving only a rarely touched surface of true emotion. I look forward to seeing his latest movie 'I Love You Phillip Morris' and watching him expand even more into original works like 'Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind'.
No comments:
Post a Comment